Meditation in the workplace has been shown to produce benefits for both companies and their employees.
Meditation classes reduce stress, develop a calm mind and heighten awareness – that’s why leading companies have embraced corporate meditation classes (also known as mindfulness training or mindfulness meditation), including Apple, Google, Nike, Proctor & Gamble, HBO, McKinsey & Co, Deutsche Bank and Yahoo! to name just a few.
Your company benefits from corporate meditation
Mindfulness Meditation is a very effective way of reducing stress. Benefits include:
- Higher staff morale
Reducing stress in the workplace means your employees will be happier and feel more positive about your organisation.
- Reduced absenteeism
Workplace pressures cause a range of physical and emotional illnesses (including depression). Stress suppresses the immune system so that it takes longer to recover from non-stress-related illnesses. This results in loss of work hours.
- Reduced workers compensation claims
Stress-related claims account for almost 30% of all WorkCover claims and are about twice as expensive as other claims (see details below).
- Reduced staff turnover
Employees who aren’t coping with stress at work are more likely to leave.
- Employees with better mental focus
Research shows that mindfulness meditation increases mental abilities; especially the ability to focus.
- Better inter-staff relations
When people are stressed at work, tempers flare and relationships can sour, leading to less co-operative, less cohesive teams, which decreases productivity.
- Better customer service
Staff who aren’t stressed will be more pleasant to your clients and provide better customer service.
- Higher productivity
All of the factors mentioned above will increase productivity and improve your bottom line. Additionally, the fact that many people think less clearly when they’re over-stressed means your staff will make better decisions when effective stress management strategies, such as mindfulness training, are implemented.
Short term and long term effects
Mindfulness meditation has the short term effect of reducing stress and clearing the mind.
When practised regularly over a period of time, it has a cumulative effect, so that regular meditators are less affected by stress compared to non-meditators. Even if a person hasn’t meditated recently, research shows that their resilience increases.
About our corporate meditation training course
Our workplace meditation course series teaches your staff new skills, tools and techniques for stress management, resiliency and wellbeing.
Our sessions can include:
- How to effectively manage stress through relaxation techniques
- How to deal with the mind and negative emotions
- Yoga Nidra – one of the deepest states of relaxation, powerful in its rejuvenation qualities
- Optimal posture and light stretches (work clothes are fine)
- A talk about attitude/positivity/awareness and the connection between body and mind
- Discussion about obstacles to meditation
- Recent research findings
- Different ways to relax (including mindfulness)
- Simple, practical breathing exercises
- How to integrate meditation and relaxation into your daily life.
- Questions and discussion
Recent research into the benefits of workplace meditation show that six weekly sessions of 20 minutes a day can reduce feelings of stress by more than 10 percent, as well as improve sleep quality.
Flexible delivery options:
Our workplace meditation training can be delivered as a series of classes or as a one-off workshop. Our most popular options are:
- A one-off, one hour practical meditation and relaxation class to introduce techniques and teach some practices which can be easily integrated into daily life.
- Yoga Nidra – guided deep relaxation session to reduce tension and anxiety.
- A series of meditation and relaxation sessions, equipping staff with knowledge and tools for long term benefits.
CDs can be made available for purchase as a support for ongoing practice, as meditation is most effective when practiced regularly.
We can provide mindfulness training in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra, Hobart, Newcastle, Geelong, Wollongong and other regional areas.
Corporate Wellness Program
We have created an ongoing corporate wellness program for many of our clients, of which our meditation classes are just one component. Please contact us to discuss how to design a customised corporate wellness program to suit your needs.
Other components we can include:
- Stress Management courses
- Meditation, Yoga Nidra, Relaxation and Positive Psychology sessions
- Tai Chi classes
- Seated workplace massage
- Laughter workshops
- Nutrition and Healthy Eating workshops
- Corporate Team Bonding activities
Our service is second to none!
You’ve come to the right place for corporate meditation training!
Established in 2004, Holistic Services Group is Australia’s Number 1 provider of Corporate Holistic Services. We offer a full range of programs to keep your workplace healthy and productive.
Our Clients include Companies amongst the Top 500 in Australia
Commonwealth Bank, Westpac, ASIC, Sydney Water, BankWest, Rail Infrastructure Corporation, Virgin Blue Airlines, Department of Tourism Sport & Recreation, Symantec, Hutchison Telecommunications, Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC).