Corporate cooking classes are a great way to inspire your teams, clients or conference delegates.
Corporate cooking events are powerful, interactive team building activities, and can be tailored to achieve a variety of corporate objectives, including:
- Team building / bonding
- As a reward
- To inspire and motivate
- As an evaluation tool
Cooking Classes for Team Building
Every organisation wants the communication and relationships between employees to contribute towards increasing productivity, and not to decreasing it. Corporate cooking classes are conducted in a relaxed, informal environment that fosters collaboration and the development of positive connections among staff.
Corporate cooking classes strengthen group cohesiveness in the following ways:
- Gives employees a shared success experience
- Improves communication skills among group members
- Provides opportunities to deal with challenges and mistakes – adapting and learning
- We subconsciously associate cooking and eating together with family bonds
- Provides planning, delegation and time management skills by allocating tasks to group members
- Gives participants practice at following a strategy and instructions
Inspiring and Motivating via Group Cooking Classes
Cooking classes serve as a powerful metaphor for the participant’s daily work challenges. The group is able to prove to themselves that through planning, communication, co-operation and time management they can succeed in overcoming a challenging exercise and that it can also be fun!
Corporate cooking classes will also allow your employees to see a more personal, and likeable side of their co-workers. This will create another dimension to their relationship, thus allowing their work environment to become more enjoyable.
Cooking class participants return to the workplace feeling more enthusiastic and motivated to duplicate the successful group activity. Empoyees will return to work with a higher level of morale and feel more positive about their employer.
Corporate Cooking Classes as a Reward
When it comes time to reward your staff, a corporate cooking class is not only a fun reward, it also benefits your organisation through higher staff retention and increased productivity. Your team will feel inspired and motivated, and also learn new skills to communicate and improve co-operatation .
The cooking experience is rewarding in many ways. Participants receive:
- A fun experience
- A free, tasty meal
- Time away from their stressful job
- Cooking know-how
A Cooking Class as an Evaluation Tool
Some employers choose to generate even greater return on investment from corporate cooking classes by adding an evaluation layer.
Valuable information can be gained by observing the participants during the process including:
- Identifying which team members may need help in developing their performance under pressure
- Identifying future leaders in the group
- Identify personality conflicts between team members, or long-running relationship issues. You can then address these via individual wellness coaching
Some organisations use corporate cooking classes as part of their evaluation process for selecting graduates.
Corporate Cooking Logistics
We can structure our corporate cooking classes to either focus on specific staff outcomes, or just to get everyone together for a fun time.
We include a full meal with your Corporate Cooking Workshop, which your staff will prepare! We can provide a variety of menu options to suit your budget. So contact us today for menu requests and suggestions.
The recipes that we use in our corporate cooking workshops are carefully selected to teach participants how to make healthy meals that also taste delicious!
Need one more Reason?
- All fresh ingredients (organic and locally produced where possible)
- No kitchen needed
- Cooking stations are equipped with everything you need to create your chosen menu
- It’s an indoor team building activity and therefore, you don’t need to pray for good weather!
- All the cleaning and washing up are done for you
Venue, drinks and transportation aren’t included in our standard packages, but we can organise all that for you if you’d like us to.
We cater for corporate cooking events in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Canberra, Hobart, Newcastle and Wollongong.