Team building cooking classes are a great way to inspire your teams, clients or conference delegates.
They’re a powerful and flexible interactive team building activity, and can be used to achieve a wide variety of corporate objectives, including:
- Team building / bonding
- To inspire and motivate
- As a reward
- As an evaluation tool
Team Building with Cooking Classes
In any organisation it’s essential that communication and relationships between employees contribute towards increased productivity, and not the opposite. Corporate cooking classes are facilitated in a relaxed, informal environment that fosters collaboration and the natural development of positive connections between staff.
Here are some reasons why corporate cooking classes strengthen group cohesiveness:
- Improves communication skills among team members
- Gives employees a shared success experience
- We subconsciously associate cooking and eating together with family bonds
- Provides opportunities to deal with mistakes and challenges – learning, adjusting and adapting
- Enables practice at following a strategy and instructions
- Provides planning, delegation and time management skills by allocating tasks to group members
Inspiring and Motivating through Group Cooking Classes
This activity serves as a powerful metaphor for the participant’s daily work challenges. The team is able to prove to themselves that through co-operation, communication, planning and time management they are able to succeed in overcoming a challenging exercise. As an added bonus they prove to themselves that it can be loads of fun!
Team members also have the opportunity to see another personal, likeable side of their colleagues. This engenders greater optimism about their work, opening up another dimension to their relationship and allowing work to become more enjoyable.
Participants return to workplaces feeling enthusiastic and motivated to duplicate their successful group activity experience. We guarantee that staff will come back to work with a high level of morale and feel more positive about their employer.
Team Building Cooking Classes as a Reward
When your staff deserve a reward, giving them a corporate cooking event not only rewards your staff, but also benefits the organisation through increased productivity and higher staff retention. Your team will learn new skills to communicate and co-operate better, as well as feel inspired and motivated.
The cooking experience is rewarding in many ways. Participants receive:
- A free, tasty meal
- A fun experience
- Cooking know-how
- Time away from their stressful job
Team Cooking as an Evaluation Tool
We are finding that some employers look to generate even greater return on investment from corporate cooking classes by adding an evaluation layer to the process.
By observing the participants and teams during the process valuable information is gained, including:
- Identifying future leaders in the group
- Identifying which team members need help in developing their performance under pressure
- Potentially identify personality conflicts or long-running relationship issues between team members,which can then be addressed
Some organisations are even using it as part of the evaluation process for selecting graduates.
Team Building Cooking Logistics
Our corporate cooking classes can be structured to focus on specific staff outcomes or to simply get everyone together for a fun time.
We include a full meal with your Team Building Cooking Workshop, which you’ll prepare! We can provide a range of menu options to suit your budget, so contact us today for menu requests and suggestions.
The recipes used in our corporate cooking workshops have been carefully selected to teach participants how they can make healthier meals that also taste delicious!
Need one more Reason?
- No kitchen needed
- All fresh (locally produced and organic where possible) ingredients
- Cooking stations equipped with everything needed to create your chosen menu
- All cleaning and washing up done for you
- It’s an indoor team building activity and therefore you’re not at the mercy of the weather!
Venue, transportation and drinks aren’t included in our standard packages, but we can organise all that for you upon request.
Locations we cater for corporate cooking events include Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra, Hobart, Newcastle and Wollongong.