We’ve previously discussed the underestimated dangers of long-term sedentary behaviour in the office. The workplace environment can make staff feel exhausted, both psychologically and physically. Apart from decreased productivity, musculoskeletal and back-related problems become common, a common source of eventual absenteeism from work. As an employer, it’s unlikely you can afford workplace productivity losses, especially those which can be prevented by a few simple preventative measures.
Providing your staff with a healthy workplace environment and creating a culture of wellness at work is the best place to start. Office Yoga and Pilates sessions are a great component of a workplace wellbeing program, and from Sydney to Perth, Melbourne to Brisbane, our experienced workplace instructors can help your employees de-stress and build resilience right at the office.
What is Pilates?
In simple terms, Pilates is a mat or equipment-based exercise system which focuses on improving posture, balance, core strength and stability. If done correctly, this series of low impact stretching & conditioning, low repetition exercises helps in the prevention and treatment of back pain and strengthening of core muscles.
Other benefits of pilates include:
• Increase Flexibility
• Strengthen Core and lower back muscles
• Released and strengthened joints
• Longer, leaner muscle tone
• Movement in your body’s correct alignment
Corporate Pilates Experts Promoting Health at the Workplace
Workplace Pilates is a great way to promote health and wellness at your office by incorporating healthy programs that offer significant, sustainable benefits for workplace employees.
A Pilates session offered by our experienced instructors is a cost-effective, time-efficient way to:
- Help staff build and maintain functional flexibility, core strengthening & stability, body alignment
- Prevent neck, back, and shoulder pain and stiffness whilst improving overall postural alignment
- Help reduce the risk for injury
- Create a positive mental attitude for employees to stay positively engaged at work and build resiliency for the challenging work environment
- Attract and reward employees
- Develop aerobic fitness to help improve level of focus, attention, and concentration
Pilates is an excellent stress buster that can rejuvenate the mind and body and give your employees a deeper sense of awareness about their health. Combined with breathing and relaxation techniques, a session of Pilates can provide immediate and long-term corporate wellness benefits.
Workplace Pilates sessions can be organised at your requested time of day, to encourage attendance and show company support by holding the sessions during the workday, minimising disruptions where possible. You only need a meeting or conference room with open space for each person and their mat. Pilates is perfect for:
- An energizing morning
- A restorative break during lunch time
- A great stress-buster for a conference, event or Friday afternoon
An excellent remedial therapy for staff who are desk-bound or seated for hours at a time, Pilates is one of the best wellness classes that boosts staff morale whilst showing your commitment to a healthy workforce.
HSG is proud to provide Pilates classes to workplaces nationwide, because we believe these beneficial effects will flow through your team and translate directly into better business performance. Contact us today on 1300 889 073 to learn more about our range of Health Classes.